If you'd like to integrate with GitHub's enterprise options, then look no further! Here are the steps you need to follow:
GitHub App creation
- Go to https://your-github-server/settings/apps.
- Click the "New GitHub App" button.
3. Complete the fields with the following information:
- GitHub App name: Mural
- Homepage URL: https://app.mural.co
- User authorization callback URL: https://app.mural.co/github/auth
- Web-hook URL: http://app.mural.co/api/v0/github
4. Set the following permissions:
- Issues: Read & Write
- Repository Metadata: Read-only
5. In the section "Where can this GitHub App be installed?" select "Any Account" (recommended) or pick the one you prefer.
6. Click the "Create GitHub App" button.
7. The app has now been created!
8. Hit the "Generate Private Key" button at the bottom of the app's page.
9. The private key is automatically downloaded as a "pem" file.
10. Copy the following information into a file and send it to email@example.com with the private key generated in the previous step. We need the data to setup the integration from our end.
- Public Link
- Client ID
- Client Secret
MURAL App Installation
Once everything is setup from our side, MURAL can be installed for particular users or organizations.
- Go to https://your-github-server/settings/apps/mural.
- Click on Install App in the menu on the left.
3. Choose the repositories you'd like access to.
4. The application is then installed for the organization!
*Note: This is only for GitHub's enterprise instance. If you have the normal version, then check out this article: https://support.mural.co/en/articles/2113806-integrate-github