MURAL Scan allows users to take all the work you have on a physical wall and scan it into a MURAL canvas - both sticky notes and drawings. Whether it's work from an in-person session or your own thoughts you've written up on your at-home whiteboard, you can get it into a canvas to share it and keep working online.
MURAL Scan is a Beta, so while you're using Scan, let us know if it doesn't work the way you were expecting, or if there are features you'd like to see in the future. Your feedback will help us make improvements. 😊
To use MURAL Scan, you'll need:
- A MURAL account
- An iPhone 8S or onwards, or an iPad (5th gen + ) or iPad Pro. iPad Mini is not supported.
- The MURAL iOS app. If you don't have the iOS app, you can download it here.
- To sign up for the MURAL Scan beta - you can do that here.
Once you have those three things, you're ready to start scanning!
The video below shows how to access scan and how to scan both sticky notes and drawings.
To sum up:
- Open the iOS app and click "Create mural" and choose either "New mural" or "Scan a wall." You can also enter an existing canvas and open Scan from there by clicking on the Scan icon on the bottom left.
- Once you open Scan, follow the instructions on the screen. You'll start by detecting the wall you'll scan. For this step, make sure you have good lighting and are about a foot away. For now, this only works for vertical surfaces.
- Next step: Scan sticky notes. Sticky notes scan automatically, but the closer you are, the more accurate the scan will be. To re-scan any sticky note, just tap it. If you don't have sticky notes, you can just skip this step.
- Lastly, drawings! This includes any lines, titles or drawings you might have on your wall. For best results, frame an entire section of drawings and scan them all at once instead of scanning each drawing individually. You can be a little further away from the wall for this step.
- When you're finished, hit DONE and all of your scanned content will be brought into a canvas so you can keep working.
Thanks for your interest in Scan! If you have questions or feedback, let us know at email@example.com.