Ever needed to show someone something in your mural, but couldn't because they weren't a member of your workspace? Now you can!
This feature allows you to invite someone outside of your workspace to collaborate via the share link. These collaborators will join automatically without having to sign in or create an account. Visitors will be assigned a random animal name, such as 'Visiting Cat'.
Customers on our Starter plan can start inviting named visitors. This new feature allows your visitors to identify themselves by name, for the duration of their session. This feature is currently only available for our Starter plan, but will be rolled out to Plus and Enterprise plans in the coming weeks.
- Visitors who join with editing permissions with be able to collaborate in a mural just as though they were a member.
- Visitors who join with a view link will not be able to edit, but they will see changes in real time and be able to follow and be followed.
Here's how to invite a visitor:
1. Click on the SHARE button in the upper right of your mural. If it hasn’t been generated already, generate a share link in the 2nd tab. (Only a mural owner can do this.)
2. Toggle to the 'Visitors' tab.
3. Select 'Edit' or 'View-Only' permissions from the drop down menu.
Note that you cannot invite them as visitors via email; only with a share link.
4. Copy the link and send it to your collaborators.
5. Anyone who uses the link and either does not have an account with MURAL or does have an account but isn’t signed in will join the mural immediately and as a visitor.
VIEW ONLY view: Non-members appear as animal avatars.
EDITING VIEW: Visitors have limited editing permissions
If you don't see the dropdown option for "Edit," it's likely that visitor editing has been disabled at the workspace level. Your workspace admins can change that like this:
- Lock/unlock elements
- Invite new collaborators
- Export murals
- Chat with MURAL support
- Access the mural's activity log
- Send items to JIRA
- View the rest of the murals in the room or the workspace
- Receive notifications
Visitors will also not be added to a workspace’s member count. Their participation in your mural will end when they close the tab.
Show external collaborators all the cool stuff you've been working on!