Frameworks are a collection of pre-formatted grids and diagrams. You can add them to any mural where you need an organizational tool or exercise.
Frameworks and areas are sticky. This means that any content you add inside a framework will stick to it. If you move a framework, you will also move the content within it.
Also note that frameworks add a node to your outline in the upper right. You can click on the title in the outline to zoom right to the framework from wherever you are in the mural.
To add a new framework to a mural:
- Open up the frameworks tab in the left toolbar.
- Once you've found the framework you want to use, add it to your mural by dragging and dropping.
There are five different categories of frameworks:
- Layouts: basic frameworks that you can use to design your own activities
- Design: different design tools to help with ideating and user mapping
- Agile: a selection of retrospectives and agile-styled grids
- Business: a selection of the most common frameworks ready to use
- Calendars: frameworks containing monthly calendars and layouts for weekly planning
To do this on a mobile device:
- Tap the frameworks tab (in the middle) on the left side.
- Filter through the frameworks either by searching by keyword or selecting a category from the drop-down meny.
- Once you've found the framework you want to use, tap it to add it to your mural.
Shown here on the iPad.
**PRO TIP: Before you invite your collaborators you can lock frameworks to the background so that you don't move them accidentally. To lock a framework, right click on the framework and choose "Lock" in the drop down menu.