In MURAL, you are always working in the context of a workspace.
In this article you'll learn a bit more about how accounts in MURAL are structured, as well as instructions for how to sign up and switch among multiple workspaces.
Let's start by taking a birds-eye view of MURAL accounts. It's important to remember that rooms and murals belong to a workspace, not to a user:
Additionally, here are some other important things to keep in mind when you're getting started with MURAL:
- Anyone in MURAL can be part of multiple workspaces.
- Billing is per workspace. So, if a workspace is locked due to trial expiration or lack of payment, you won't be able to access the content of that workspace. However, if you are a member of multiple workspaces, you should still be able to access the others.
- Use rooms (private and open rooms) as folders to separate different projects and efforts within a single workspace.
- Smaller groups (for instance 50 or less members) typically collaborate in a single workspace. Even larger teams of hundreds or more can work in a single space. Our recommendation is to keep your teams in a single workspace, rather than starting another one.
- Creating a MURAL account is easy. You can sign up directly at http://www.mural.co or accept an invitation to join an existing workspace. A new workspace will always have a 30-day free trial period.
- When you sign up, we’ll ask for your name and email address. If you don't sign up through Google, you'll need to confirm your email and create a password for the account. You'll also have to confirm your email before editing workspace settings or exporting content.
- In the top left corner of your MURAL dashboard you'll find the name of the workspace you are currently working in. Below the name of the workspace, you'll see a list of rooms and murals belonging to that workspace.
- When you click on the arrow next to the workspace name, you'll see the list of all workspaces you belong to. Clicking on any of them will switch you to that workspace.
Now you're ready to help your team get started and stay organized in MURAL!