Consolidating MURAL workspaces
Members of your own team or other teams you collaborate with from other parts of your organization may create their own MURAL workspaces. In this case, should you wish to consolidate all or some of these workspaces (“Retired Workspace”) into a single workspace (“Consolidated Workspace”), the following process should be followed:
1) Invite members from the Retired Workspace to the Consolidated Workspace
Make sure everyone you need in the Consolidated Workspace has been invited. It is important to do this step first, as it will make moving content over from the Retired Workspaces into the Consolidated Workspace easier.
Here's how to invite someone via e-mail:
- Go to "Manage workspace" (if you are the Admin of the workspace you will be able to access this by clicking on the name of the workspace in the upper left corner).
- Next click on "Invite people". Add the email addresses of the people you want to invite.- When inviting collaborators to your workspace you can change their permissions at the same time. This way you can make sure that they have access to the capabilities they need before joining.
- Add a personalized welcome message. Once you are ready, click "Send invitations".
Here's how to invite someone with an invite link:
You can also generate an invite link for the entire Consolidated Workspace. You can copy and paste it into an email together with instructions, or share it in any other channel. Anyone with the link can join the Consolidated Workspace. If needed, you can delete the link to revoke access and generate a new one.
- Go to 'Manage workspace'
- Next click on 'Invite people'
- Click 'Create Link'
- Click 'copy'
- Share with teammates!
2) Move a MURAL room from a Retired Workspace to the Consolidated Workspace
Make sure everyone moves their rooms from the Retired Workspace(s) to the Consolidated Workspace. Moving rooms results in moving all of the murals inside of those rooms too -- a very efficient method for moving a vast quantity of murals. **Note: In order to be able to move a room from one workspace to another, you need to have permission to create rooms in the workspace you are moving the room to.
To move a room from one workspace to another workspace:
- Open the room you wish to move.
- Click on the arrow beside the name of a room.
- In the drop-down menu, you can pick which workspace you'd like to move the room to.
3) Move a mural
When needing to move a mural into the new workspace, please note that moving rooms is still the easier method for moving a large grouping of murals. If you find yourself in a situation where you have created some extremely valuable murals, scattered across various rooms, be sure to follow the steps below for moving individual murals.**Note: You must be the mural owner or a room admin in order to move a mural.
- From your overview of murals (the MURAL dashboard), click on the arrow in the upper right of the thumbnail of the mural you want to move
- Select 'Move mural'
- Choose the workspace and room you want to move it to
- Click on the MOVE MURAL button, and you'll be taken to the room of its new location.
4) Retire the workspace
We recommend you think about any possible reason why you might want access to that workspace. Could there be one essential mural that remains in that workspace you still wish to use? Or a member or guest of that workspace not invited yet into the new workspace? Be certain to comb back through all tiers of the workspace, before turning off the lights. When you are completely confident a workspace has no value to you or your team, the admin should proceed by doing the following:
- Enter into the workspace
- Click on the workspace name and select "Manage Workspace Name"
- Scroll down and select "Delete Workspace"
**NOTE: The workspace and all content inside will be permanently deleted.
If you have any questions, feel free to reach out to your MURAL primary point of contact or MURAL Support (email@example.com).