Give structure to a mural without losing its flexibility.
Areas act as smart frames for your content, and allow you to navigate the mural in a unique way. It's a pretty great tool, so we'll walk you through all different things you can do with them.
In this article you will learn how to:
- add a new area
- group elements into areas
- absorb elements into areas
- create freeform and grid areas
- use areas to create outlines
- use the presentation mode
ADD A NEW AREA
Inside a mural, you'll find the areas in the frameworks tab. Just drag them out, and drop them to the mural.
- From here you can add a title to the area, change its color, toggle the title or change the font size.
- To select all the content inside an area, right click on the title and click on select all. This makes it easier to move content around.
GROUP INTO AREA
A quick way to add areas around content is by using 'organize into area'. Select all the elements that you want to group, right-click, and pick 'organize into area' in the drop down.
ABSORB INTO AREA
You can also group content by using 'absorb into area'. Place an area on top of the content you want to group, then click on 'absorb' in the formatting menu.
FREEFORM AND GRID AREAS
There are two types of areas, freeform and grid. You can switch between them by clicking on the freeform or grid option in the formatting menu.
- Grid areas "snap" your content to a grid, and will automatically expand/contract when content is added/deleted.
- Freeform areas are more, well, freeform - you can add content anywhere, and use the blue resizer to make the area larger or smaller.
OUTLINE YOUR MURAL WITH AREAS
- To add an area to the outline, right-click and select "add to outline"
You can access the mural outline by clicking on the bulleted list icon in the top toolbar. Each time you click on each section within the outline, you will be taken directly there. This makes navigating much easier!
Then, once you want to present your mural, click on the 'start presentation' button. You can navigate through the presentation with the < and > buttons at the bottom of the modal.
The presentation mode allows you to navigate around the areas just like a slideshow. Anyone who accesses a view-only link of the mural will be taken directly to the mural in presentation mode.
DELETING YOUR AREAS
In order to delete your areas, simply click the delete key or right click on the area and select 'delete' at the bottom of the popup menu.
You can either delete the area including the content:
Or delete the area and still leave the content behind: