MURAL is a HTML5 web application and works best with Chrome, but we also support Firefox, IE11 and Safari. We also have native apps for Windows10, iOS (see app store) and the Microsoft Surface Hub.
Wondering what browser and software versions you need to collaborate most efficiently in MURAL? Here's a list of supported browsers and versions when using MURAL on the web:
- Chrome: 51 or above
- Edge: 43 or above
- Safari: 9 or above
- Firefox: 46 or above
- Internet Explorer: 11
A note on Internet Explorer 11
MURAL's performance and responsiveness in Internet Explorer 11 is not as good as with other modern browsers. Consider that Internet Explorer 11 was launched in October 2013.
Also, due to a technical limitation in Internet Explorer 11, you may not be able to zoom in or out on certain Microsoft trackpads. As a workaround, you can try any of these alternatives:
- Use CTRL + to zoom in and CTRL - to zoom out
- Use the + and - controls over the Mini Map (bottom right)
- Connect a mouse and use the scroll wheel
- iPhone: 7 or above
- iPad: iPad (5th gen.) and iPad Pros. iPad Mini is not supported if you want to use MURAL Scan.
- Operating system: iOS 11 or above
Having connection issues?
Try restarting your computer, a different browser (i.e. Chrome, Firefox), or if you get a constant reconnecting message, check this link.
Now, you can collaborate as efficiently as ever!